The Council on Asian Pacific Minnesotans and Hmong American Partnership invites you to the 2012 Asian Pacific Minnesotan Town Hall to listen and be heard!
When and where?
Saturday, February 18th, 2012, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Hosted at Hmong American Partnership, Community Room
1075 Arcade Street, St. Paul, MN 55106
Additional details at: http://townhall2012.eventbrite.com/
This event is free and open to the public.
*** Light Breakfast and Refreshments will be available ***
· Registration, light breakfast, and networking (9:30-10:00 am)
· Welcome and introductions
· 2010 US Census Presentation
· Panel discussion on the significance and implications of the US Census data
· Town hall meeting with MN State Legislators
Confirmed Special Guests
Senator Roger Chamberlain (R) District 53, (North Oaks, White Bear Lake, Lino Lakes)
Senator John Harrington (D) District 67, (St. Paul, Battle Creek, Highwood)
1. Get updated on the latest US Census figures on Asian Pacific populations in Minnesota, including education, economic, and other demographic data.
2. Network with community leaders from the Asian Pacific community and with leaders that work with the Asian Pacific community.
3. Participate in a community-wide discussion on addressing a range of issues, such as jobs, education, housing, health, civil rights, and pending state legislation.
4. Speak to legislators from both Republican and Democratic parties. Advocate on issues you care about!
Who should come?
The event is free and open to the public.
· Community members concerned about civic issues
· Decision and policy makers
· Individuals and organizations that work with the Asian Pacific community
· Individuals and organizations interested in US Census data on the Asian Pacific populations in Minnesota
Seats are limited, RSVP soon at http://townhall2012.eventbrite.com/.
For questions or comments, contact Brian Kao at email@example.com, (651) 757-1742 or Kham Moua at firstname.lastname@example.org, (651) 495-1567.